Following very well supported events in Clinton and Waitahuna, the F4P team are giving farmers in West Otago an opportunity to learn about the new environmental regulations and how they will be implemented in our region.
In attendance will be representatives of the Otago Regional Council, and members of B+LNZ’s environment team. Those attending will also get the opportunity to see and hear about the work the France family are doing to enhance their farm environment.
The afternoon will conclude with a BBQ and refreshments. Coffee and tea from 12.20pm on arrival.
Meet at the woolshed.
- National freshwater regulations; Lauren Phillips, B+LNZ's Environment Policy Manager for the South Island, will be presenting on the Government's Essential Freshwater regulations and what these requirements mean for you.
- Intensive winter cropping; guidelines and how the consents process will work the guidelines and how the consents process will work.
- Freshwater quality; how the ORC council intends to implement the National Environment Standards and the changes included in “Plan Change 8”.
- Multiple Drench Resistance; Richard and Kerry France’s experiences with identifying the problem and developing strategies to farm with it.
- Further topics to be confirmed; keep an eye on the 必威手机下载版 section of the B+LNZ website for updates.
Contact the facilitator, Andrew Roe of Clutha Vets, on 027 611 3077 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please email Theresa.Laws@www.funkst.com if you are having any problems registering.
New improvements to how B+LNZ manages events
We now have a new event website that offers additional features, and we’ve made further improvements since it was launched. Find out more about the new events website here.
COVID-19 event protocols
There will be some changes to how events are run so that we adhere to the government’s COVID-19 requirements: COVID-19.govt.nz. In particular, B+LNZ needs to manage risks, and have the ability to contact trace attendees if anything were to happen.
- It is imperative that every individual pre-registers for any B+LNZ events to avoid the risk of being turned away upon arrival.
- If you have cold or flu symptoms, please stay at home.