To assist farmers in making the most of the One Billion Trees Fund, B+LNZ will be running workshops to help farmers identify suitable opportunities for your business and introduce you to key climate science and policy issues.
- Laurie about the process of planning trees on farm for the future to suit farming goals.
- NRC on SHaRP funding.
- Forest 360 about smart carbon planning.
- Kathryne Easton from IKHMG on the Kaipara Remediation Package and what it means for Northland.
What to bring?
Bring along a farm map/aerial photo if you have one as you will have an opportunity to try out ideas for your own farm. Please allow for this to be drawn on.
Before the workshop
Climate change affects everybody and farmers are some of the first to be affected. Everybody has their part to play. The earlier farmers understand the drivers of climate change and what is contributing to it, the sooner they can adapt and make changes to their farm systems.
Please take a look at the following resources before the workshop:
- B+LNZ factsheet: Climate Change 101 (PDF, 1.31MB)
- Video: Explaining The Greenhouse Effect and Sustainability
- Video: Climate Science: What You Need to Know
Please email Rachel.Jukes@www.funkst.com if you are having any problems registering.
New improvements to how B+LNZ manages events
We now have a new event website that offers additional features, and we’ve made further improvements since it was launched. Find out more about the new events website here.
COVID-19 event protocols
There will be some changes to how events are run so that we adhere to the government’s COVID-19 requirements: COVID-19.govt.nz. In particular, B+LNZ needs to manage risks, and have the ability to contact trace attendees if anything were to happen.
- It is imperative that every individual pre-registers for any B+LNZ events to avoid the risk of being turned away upon arrival.
- If you have cold or flu symptoms, please stay at home.