BakerAg research on the Government’s essential freshwater proposals
Beef + Lamb 必威手机下载版 commissioned rural consultancy BakerAg firm to undertake a comprehensive analysis of the Government’s proposed freshwater policies and the economic impacts.
- BakerAg Economic Analysis of the Essential Freshwater Proposals on sheep and beef farms (PDF, 11MB)
- Summary of the BakerAg research on the Essential Freshwater Proposals (PDF, 373KB)
- Media Release: Beef + Lamb 必威手机下载版 calls for changes to freshwater proposals
Beef + Lamb 必威手机下载版 's Submission on the Government's essential freshwater proposals
Here are links to B+LNZ’s submission and the appendices on the essential freshwater proposals:
- Beef + Lamb 必威手机下载版 ’s submission to the Ministry for the Environment and Ministry for Primary Industries on the Freshwater Proposals (PDF, 1.5MB)
- Beef + Lamb 必威手机下载版 ’s Appendices to their submission on Essential Freshwater Proposals (PDF, 18MB)
Ministry for the Environment's freshwater consultation
The Ministry for the Environment's 'Action for healthy waterways: A discussion document on national direction for our essential freshwater' sets out proposals to stop the degradation of waterways and restore them to a healthy state.
The period for submissions closed on 31 October 2019.
- Download the Ministry for the Environment's main consultation documents at: https://www.mfe.govt.nz/publications/fresh-water/action-healthy-waterways-discussion-document-national-direction-our
- Watch video: 'Changing Environmental Policy: What you need to know and do' presentation from the B+LNZ roadshow.
- Draft National Policy Statement for Freshwater Management
- Proposed National Environmental Standards for Freshwater
- Draft Stock Exclusion Section 360 Regulations
Submission templates and factsheets
B+LNZ developed a range of documents for farmers during the submission process for farmers wanting to have their say on the government’s freshwater proposals.
We prepared factsheets and template submissions. The following are links to those documents:
- Essential Freshwater Farm Submission template (WORD, 181KB)
- Blank Essential Freshwater Farm Submission template (WORD, 168KB)
- ‘Essential Freshwater – What You Need To Know’ one pager (PDF, 899KB)
- ‘Action For Healthy Waterways Discussion' Document (PDF, 2.7MB )